Thank you for your interest in a rental apartment or house with Tanglewood Properties. We take pride in the buildings we own, and we want to provide rental units that you will be satisfied and comfortable with, and that you are safe in. Therefore, we only rent to clean, responsible tenants who pay their rent on time.
Standard Renting vs. All-Inclusive Renting
> Standard Rent includes lawn care on all properties, and water/sewer and trash removal on multi-unit buildings.
> All-Inclusive rent includes almost every bill you would pay for your home or apartment, including gas, electric, water, broadband internet, digital cable TV, active security monitoring, trash removal, lawn care, snow removal, and even some furniture is available. Note: All-Inclusive is offered on certain properties only.
Tanglewood Rental Policy
Following is a list of our policies regarding applications for one of our available rental units. All policies are equally required of all applicants for approval.
- We are an equal opportunity housing provider. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.
- Occupancy guideline: In order to prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people living in any unit to 2 persons per bedroom (very small bedrooms are 1 person per bedroom). All persons who live in the rental unit must be listed on the application. Unapproved tenants are grounds for immediate eviction.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in any rental unit, only outdoors. Any evidence of smoking will automatically result in a minimum cleaning charge of $200.
- Pets are accepted in some rental units. Contact the manager whether pets are accepted in the apartment you are applying for. You will be asked to sign a Pet Agreement, which requires a $250 annual pet fee per pet (non-refundable). Having an unapproved pet is grounds for immediate eviction, and standard pet fees and damages will be charged.
- Lease length is always a minimum one year on all units, unless specifically agreed to in writing.
- Deposit amount for all units equals the monthly rent total.
- Money is required at signing of Lease. We must receive the full deposit, the 1st month’s rent and any pet fees prior to or at the signing of the Lease.
- Application process: We evaluate every application in the following manner: You must submit a rental application and answer all questions on the form. There is a $30.00 per adult application fee (to cover the cost of our credit/employment/rental/criminal background checks that we must perform on all applicants). You must provide s with a copy of a valid picture ID. We will evaluate and determine approval of your evaluation based on the rental criteria listed below. The approval process takes from 1 to 3 days to complete. Units will be rented out to the 1st approved applicant.
- Income: Your total monthly income must be at least three times the monthly rent. If you have less than one year on the job, we may require a Co-Signer to guarantee the Lease. If you are a full or part-time student with little or no income or rental history, we will require a Co-Signer for your portion of the Lease. All forms of regular income or assistance can be included in your income amount. If you are unemployed, you must provide proof of a regular source of income, or provide a Co-Signer who meets income and credit requirements.
- Rental history: You must have satisfactory rental references from your last two landlords. No unexplained gaps in rental history are allowed. If you have ever been evicted, or sued for non-payment of rent, your application will be rejected.
- Credit history: Your credit history must be satisfactory. We pay most attention to recent (last 3 years) of your credit history. If your credit history shows judgments or unpaid monies to previous landlords or utility companies, your application will be rejected.
- Criminal history: If you or anyone living in the unit has been convicted of a felony within the last 5 years, your application will be rejected. If you or anyone has been convicted of a misdemeanor involving violence or drugs, this may impact your approval.
- Guarantors: If you do not meet one of the above criteria, you may be able to qualify for the rental unit if you provide a Co-Signer/Guarantor for your portion of the lease. These people will be required to meet the same credit and income requirements as the applicant.
- Acceptance or denial of application: If your application was rejected, we will notify you by mail or phone, along with the reason why you were rejected. If another person’s application which we received prior to your application was approved, and your application was not processed, we will return your application fee by mail.
Tanglewood Properties, LLC
Distinctive Homes…Quality Restorations…Attractive Rentals